Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First Things First

Now let us start the day. First, we make it, the coffee:
(click on each photo to see larger size)

First things first!

What do you see? Just for fun, how many things can you actually identify in this photo?


Ah, strong coffee in the morning. This coffee’s got legs. Now what do you see?

Coffee with legs

This isn’t all that easy—what do you see, and why is it there? I’m having trouble, and I took the photos! It’s easier after you’ve had some coffee.

Later in the morning, a pick-me-up. What do you see? A shameless plug for Caribou Coffee, a competitor of Starbucks’, that’s what. Why?

A little pick-me-up


Because when Mister Working Man and I started dating, in St. Paul, Minnesota, we would go to one of the first Caribou Coffee shops ever, which was right around the corner from where we lived. To clarify, we lived in the same building, not household, obviously, since we had just met! (Sorry, just a bit flustered there.) So, we have fond memories, and we look for Caribou Coffee when we travel to points north. It’s a company that started small and is now second to Starbucks in size, and different from Starbucks. Lots of changes since its beginning, but fond memories.

Okay, well I’m starting to come to the surface, so I’d best be organizing some squids over here. More from them--about them!--later.

5 comments:

Donna said...

I've never heard of Caribou coffee before. But then I'm in the UK and have never been to the US. Glad you get pleasure from it.
As to the gadgets in your kitchen, I know what a saucepan and a kettle are, is that some kind of juicer?

PS, I'm on my super duper fast new computer, just got it up and running this evening.

Dan said...

What an enchanting post! My wife and I just got back from 10 days in Oregon where Dutch Brothers is the big coffee bar chain. Since my initials are DB I was delightful to see female baristas wearing "I (heart) DB" t-shirts all over!

Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way. That was very sweet of you.

Nina said...

donna: Yep, Caribou is only in the US--I think they have branched a little into Asia. Re: gadgets, you are looking at either the coffee grinder or the plunger for the french press. :)

dan/DB!: Welcome to the blurg. What a nice thing to say, thanks. I get a big kick outta your blog. I have to reserve time with no distractions so I can read more often. :)

Purr said...

I really like that cup. I want one for my wee cup of tea.

Nina said...

purr: Hello, thanks for taking a look. You mean the large cup, right? I know I need *that much* tea or coffee to get the wheels turning lately. The other one is also a fav, it even has a story.