Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Little Aarrr! and Aarrr!



(click me fer a better look, ye scoundrels!)

Ahoy Matey! I be here to give ye a few words in anticipation of “Talk Like a Pirate Day”. T' lovely, fair lass whose writin ye be accustomed t' be readin, be busy wi' her singin this fine bstarboard e'enin, and I saw me chance t' take o’er.

Listen up now, International Talk Like a Pirate Day is comin up quick, and don’t forget it! It commences September 19, t’ same as every year. Except for them rascals in Australia, they somehow got it into their heads they had t’ be celebratin it the 22nd, what be up with that? The scurvy dogs, they get the weekend that way, Aaarrrrrr!

Me, I’ll be talkin like this th' whole week! It be entertainin for the young sprogs—and we have quite a few who be needin attention, I can tell you! When they don’t be wi' their sweet, dedicated mother, they be playin wi' me tail or bitin me ankles. Thar ain’t nothin t' be done t' stop ‘em. Aye, it be good fun! Aarrr!

I must be off now, an’ smartly. ‘Tis time t' be climbin as high up as possible just t' see if it be possible done wi’out some’at leapin off t’ “shelf” to its demise. T’fair, gentle-hearted lass in charge o’ the ship here don’t care for them types of accidents. Sorry, me beauty, but ‘tis great fun, an’ I don’t usually care what happens when I be havin fun. Aaarrrrr!

What follows be some information fer ye, me hearty. I be passin it along for t’ help wi’ yer piratical pursuits this week. On behalf o' this ship full o’ sprogs, I t’ank ye kindly fer stoppin by!

Farewell, ye buccaneers, I am
Official Bob
Piratical Cat

Official site:
Talk Like A Pirate Day

Another “official” site, and how to be speakin pirate-like

T’ Newsletter

A bunch o’ pirate videos: piratical-satirical stuff, too

10 comments:

floots said...

i'm not too much of a yo ho ho type
but
the bottle of rum will be fine :)

Nina said...

floots: Ah, rum sounds good--*someone* will have to make a rum run tomorrow. ;) Whoever it is has to go without sprogs, as there is great fear in the land here that they may be corrupted by seeing bottles filled with liquid.

Janice Thomson said...

Too funny Nina - you do this rather well! I'm with Floots though - the rum has a fine appeal...

Nina said...

janice: thanks janice, but I can hardly be takin the credit--t'was that cat. :) Aye, a rum run is in order. Say that three times fast- rum run, rum run...

David said...

My favourite day of the year. For once the eyepatch works in my favour and I don't mind the pirate jokes.

Nina said...

david: I'm glad you get at least one day of reprieve from the clever ones. Enjoy. What goes on in people's heads, anyway?

Donna said...

Shiver me timbers, no one told me about this!!

Nina said...

fotoface: thanks so much, he's very sweet.

donna: oh, yes, it's the same date each year. Be sure to share that wi' yer mate, thar, lassie! ;)

Cal said...

Ah, oops, arr the cat of nine tails or is that nine lives, arr splice something, avast behind well a largish one at any rate arr.

Nina said...

cal: All I can say to that is, Aarrrr!